A Healing Bath at Home
One of my favorite things to do is bring a little spa experience home. The best way to do this is light some candles and run a hot bath with Epson salts. I also add essential oils depending on the mood I am in.
The combination of Epson salts and essential oils is sure to cure many aches and pains. I also love doing this if I am having trouble sleeping at night. I find a hot bath will really help you get into a deep sleep.
Benefits of Epson Salts:
Relives the lactic acid build-up in your muscles. This is great for after an intense workout or deep tissue massage.
Some of my Favorite Essential Oils:
• Eucalyptus – great for sinus and over all breathing and common cold.
• Lavender and Chamomile – great combination for calming and relaxing before bed.
• Grapefruit or Sweet Orange – up lifting essential oils. If you want a take a morning bath these are great.
• Have a cold compress on your head when in the tub to help regulate your body temp. This will also help so you do not feel dizzy after the tub. I use a cold wash cloth.
• Always have a tall glass of water
• Try to soak for at least 15 minutes to get the full relaxing benefits.
• Play some soft, pleasing music to enhance the experience.