We all know how important drinking water is throughout the day. I have to admit that sometimes I find it difficult to get my full daily requirement of around 8 glasses a day. My trick that I find works really well is to squeeze some lemon in my water. I actually end up craving it!
Did you know?
1) The body is comprised of up to 75% water
2) Studies show more than 75% of the population in civilized countries are clinically dehydrated.
3) Adding lemon to your water has great health benefits.
Some of the benefits of lemon water:
1) Lemons have an alkalizing effect on our bodies when we drink it.
2) Great digestive aid
3) Helps to purify and detox the body, having powerful anti-bacterial qualities
I figure it is important to drink it, so why not add a little flavour but also a great amount of health benefits. I also make a point to squeeze a little in my kids water for overall health.
A helpful tip we do in our family is have a pitcher of water in the fridge with lemon. For our teenage kids this has really helped them increase water intake and decrease juice because they like the cold refreshing taste.