Peanut and Almond Butter Cookies
I love taking recipes and tweaking them to make them more healthy in any way.
This original recipe comes from “Better Food for Kids” by Joanne Saab and Diana Kalins but I omitted the granulated sugar and added almond butter for health and taste.
These cookies are so good they do not last long in my house and super easy to make.
Make them together with the kids!!!
Preheat oven to 375, grease baking sheet.
- ½ cup of peanut butter (I always use 100% natural peanut butter)
- ½ cup of Almond butter
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (I love using all purpose light spelt flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
1. In a bowl with electric mixer or by hand with a whisk for a good workout, cream together peanut butter, almond butter, butter and brown sugar, until light and fluffy. Then beat in egg and vanilla.
2. In another bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir into peanut butter mixture
3. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Press down with fork. (Dip fork in water to avoid sticking).
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until Golden brown.
Great with a tea in the afternoon!